Today marks the anniversary of when Martin Luther pounded those 95 theses on the Wittenberg Castle church door. This act would lead to another chain of events that would lead to the protestant reformation. I just thought it would be a good thing to remind myself what I am still Protesting against concerning the Roman Catholic Church.
1. I protest against a gospel that says salvation comes through the 7 sacraments of the church rather than the sufficient work of Christ. To add to the work of Christ is to destroy the glory of the work of Christ (Eph 2:8-9; Gal 1)SOLA FIDE
2. I protest against the vile way in which the sacrifice of the mass is performed daily saying that Christ is being crucified afresh. His death was once for all, adequate, and sufficient to pay the price for all my sins. He doesn't need to be crucified again (1 Pet 3:18; Gal 2:21; 3:13) SOLA GRATIA
3. I protest the way in which church tradition and councils are elevated to a level of infallible authority which ultimately trumps the authority of the Bible (2 Tim 3:16-17). SOLA SCRIPTURA
4. I protest the way in which Mary is worshiped, pray to, and adored, to a level which is reserved only for the Trinity. SOLI DEO GLORIA
5. I protest the way in which Mary is upheld as a Mediatrix and substitute for Christ as the 'one mediator between God and man.' 1 Tim 2 SOLUS CHRISTUS
6. I protest the way in which the glory of God is dragged through the dirt by adding the mentrual rags (Isa 64:6) and feces (Phil 3:3-9) of human achievement to the work of salvation. SOLI DEO GLORIA
7. I protest the way in which this false teaching holds captive many of my family and friends and others in the city of Youngstown whom I love dearly.
Even if I'm the last one standing and it costs me my life like Latimer, Ridley, Hus, Tyndale, Hooper, Cramner, Love, and a host of others. By God's grace, I'll stand and protest.